Top 5 random predictions…heck why not?
As the summer comes to a close, it had me thinking about what other things might be on the change around here pretty soon. Just like the world turns, things are going to change…it’s the way it goes, so we thought maybe on a friday towards the end of summer, we will make a less informational post (at least in the traditional sense) and share a few predictions that we have…so here goes:
5) Self Publishing Revolution: I am always blown away at why self publishing is handled by Facebook or Twitter. Why isn’t it easier to totally design, manage and share a full site with full functionality in a way that is easy. Easy enough that your GramGram can do it. Frankly it is time and there are a few services out there that are piloting this, but they aren’t quite there yet. Facebook opened a lot of doors, but I know a couple of up-and-comers that are going to change this world by helping people do just that!
4) Your Order Is Hovering Your Way: We have all heard that Amazon is going to ship you things “same day” with a drone…and yes, this is actually coming, but think if you will for a moment about instant delivery satisfaction. You can order that perfect snuggie that you always wanted in the zebra print with your Bama team logo, and now you can have it and be watching your favorite Bravo shows wearing it tonight!…or at least that is what they say is right around the corner and i’m believing it. Just yesterday I was shown an ad for cheap drones for under $150…and these were good, well-built products. Either way, the drone revolution is come and yes that sounds like a Star Wars line, but its true. Scary, but all those neat things from Star Wars and Star Trek are all becoming real!
3) Google Glass…Goodbye! I’m convinced (and this is just my own opinion), that Google Glass has seen its best days. I think people don’t love how easily privacy can be breached. I think people are longing for a little “unplugging” and and I think people think you look ridiculous wearing those goofy glasses. I think we just say that this one might not have been the best idea and move on to the iWatch…much better concept! Some things (like my good ol’ fashioned Ray Bans) don’t need tech-ifying!
2) Google Algorithm Changes: This is going to be no matter what. Google is always looking to refine their search engine rules and regulations and guess what, that is going to change the strategy for how you get yourself listed on their search engine. As we all know, everyone follows Google’s lead these days in search, and they know exactly how to keep us all trying to win the price at the ol’ fair. Google like the game to be a little bit like that ring toss game where the rings rarely ever find their way around the glass bottle. Okay, it maybe isn’t quite that difficult (at least not if you know how to play the game). The key is to be working with someone who knows how to play the game to get you results…this is us. Either way, Google algorithm changes will omnipresent for sure for the foreseeable future
1) Location Based Everything: Everyone knows about Uber and Lyft these days and those great apps are a direct result of great GPS and geolocation ability of smartphones. Geolocation is the new thing, especially with new phone technology allowing for amazing integration today. Just keep your eyes open because everything will be geolocated using your phone…everything! You’ll see!